Unit 8100 Box 12
APO, AE 09714-9998

Phone 011-32-2-686-1515
Phone (DSN) 314-566-1515
Fax 011-32-2-717-9508
Fax (DSN) 314-368-9508

Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch 11:45 - 12:45
Closed Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. for training
Immunization hours: Tues, Thurs 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Pharmacy hours:
Mon-Wed + Fri:
8:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Lunch 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m.
Thurs: 1p.m. – 4:30p.m.
Sat - closed
Sun -– closed
In/Out Processing
Wed 8:00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Email | Website | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Health Care

Moving With TRICARE

Whether moving stateside or overseas, active duty families can now switch their TRICARE Prime enrollment by phone! Before you start your move, contact your losing TRICARE health care contractor to see if you need to switch to a new region. TRICARE does the rest! You must update DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) with your new address so you do not have any disruptions in service and your enrollment moves with you. Get contact information, and more TRICARE moving tips on the TRICARE website.

Your TRICARE coverage is completely portable-meaning it moves with you. You are covered worldwide-both in-transit to your new duty location and once you arrive-but depending on where you go, you may use a different TRICARE health plan option. Additionally, you may have different enrollment steps depending on which health plan option is available in your new area.

When Enrolled in a TRICARE Prime Option

The TRICARE Prime options include TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Prime Remote for stateside and TRICARE Prime Overseas and TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas for overseas. Follow these simple steps to set-up Prime coverage in your new location without a break in coverage.

  1. Do not disenroll from your TRICARE Prime option before you move.
  2. Call your losing contractor and provide information about your upcoming move; new duty station, expected date of arrival, cell phone number, valid email address, and eligible family members moving to the new location.
  3. Your losing contractor passes the information along to your new contractor.
  4. Within five days of your anticipated arrival, your new contractor will try to call/contact you to confirm your arrival and enrollment choices.
  5. Once you agree to the transfer, the process is complete. It could take up to four days, but you never lose TRICAREPrime/Prime Remote coverage.

There are other ways to set-up Prime in your new area:

  1. Before moving, visit your local TRICARE Service Center to complete an enrollment change form.
  2. Go online and set-up your new enrollment via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
  3. Download and complete a TRICARE Prime Enrollment Application and PCM Change Form. Mail it to the new contractor or drop it at a local TRICARE Service Center.
  4. Enroll when you in-process at your new duty station.

Enrollment and assignment of a new primary care manager (PCM) should occur within 30 days when moving within the same region, a new region or overseas.

Update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) immediately, as your new location reflected in DEERS is the key to transferring enrollment.

Where you are moving determines which Prime option is available.

Prime Options in the United States


TRICARE Prime is offered in Prime Service Areas-geographic areas typically located around a military treatment facility-throughout the country.

TRICARE Prime Remote

In non-Prime service areas, which are generally 60 minutes (one hour) drive-time or 50 miles from the nearest MTF, TRICARE offers TRICARE Prime Remote. Enrollment is normally with a network provider when available; otherwise, enrollment is with a TRICARE authorized provider who manages all of your care. Any TRICARE-eligible family members living with you in a TRICARE Prime Remote area can enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote for active duty family members. Be sure to include them on the enrollment form.



Managed Care Support Partner

Call Toll-Free



Health Net Federal Services, Inc.



Humana Military Healthcare Services, Inc.



UnitedHealthcare Military & Veterans


Prime Options Outside the United States

TRICARE Prime Overseas (TOP)/TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas

TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas is a Prime option offered in designated remote overseas locations. Command-sponsored family members who reside with you are eligible for TRICARE Prime Overseas. Be sure to include all family members who wish to use TRICARE Prime Overseas.

Before you move to another overseas area or to an area within the United States, contact the nearest TRICARE Service Center or managed care contractor for assistance.

TRICARE - Eurasia - Africa TRICARE - Latin America and Canada TRICARE - Pacific
TOP Regional Call Center (1)
(Toll-free from the U.S.)

Medical Assistance (2)

TOP Regional Call Center (1)
(Toll-free from the U.S.)

Medical Assistance (2)


TOP Regional Call Center (1)
Singapore: +65-6339-2676
(Toll-free from the U.S.)

Sydney: +61-9273-2710
(Toll-free from the U.S.)

Medical Assistance (2)
Singapore: +65-6338-9277
Sydney: +61-2-9273-2760


TRICARE Area Office

314-496-6314 (DSN)

Toll Free: 1-888-777-8343, option #1

TRICARE Area Office

312-554-8520 (DSN)

Toll Free: 1-888-777-8343 option #3

TRICARE Area Office

315-643-2036 (DSN)

Toll Free (If calling from U.S.):
Singapore: 1-877-678-1208
Sydney: 1-877-678-1209

Health Care Claims
(Active Duty)

TRICARE Active Duty Claims
PO Box 7968
Madison, WI 53707-7968 USA

Health Care Claims
(Active Duty)

TRICARE Active Duty Claims
P.O. Box 7968
Madison WI 53707-7968 USA

Health Care Claims
(Active Duty)

TRICARE Active Duty Claims
PO Box 7968
Madison, WI 53707-7968 USA

Health Care Claims
(Non-active duty)

TRICARE Overseas Program
P.O. Box 8976
Madison, WI 53708-8976 USA

Health Care Claims
(Non-active duty)

TRICARE Overseas Program
PO Box 7985
Madison, WI 53707-7985 USA

Health Care Claims
(Non-active duty)

TRICARE Overseas Program
PO Box 7985
Madison, WI 53707-7985 USA

(1) For toll-free numbers contact
(2) Only call Medical Assistance numbers to coordinate overseas emergency care

When Using TRICARE Standard and Extra

TRICARE Standard and Extra are available to family members only. Active duty service members are required to enroll in one of the Prime options described above.

TRICARE Standard and Extra are available throughout the United States and enrollment is not required. Any eligible active duty family member who is registered in DEERS may use these programs by seeing any network (Extra) or non-network TRICARE authorized provider. In areas outside of the United States, active duty family members who do not want to use a Prime option may use TRICARE Standard Overseas by seeing qualified host nation providers.

If you are already using TRICARE Standard and Extra, moving is easy.

  1. Once you arrive at your new location, update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) immediately.
  2. Find TRICARE-authorized providers in your new area.

Here are a few things to remember about using TRICARE Standard and Extra in a new region

  • In the U.S.: Visit your new regional contractor's website for a list of network providers. Remember, if you see network providers, you will be using the Extra option and pay lower cost shares.
  • Outside of the U.S.: Contact International SOS or the MTF Service Center for help locating a qualified host nation provider. The TRICARE Extra option is not available in overseas areas.
  • If you move to a new region, you will have a new claims address for submitting your TRICARE claims.
  • Learn your new region's prior authorization requirements because these requirements can differ by region.

When Using TRICARE For Life

TRICARE For Life-TRICARE's supplemental coverage for those who are eligible for Medicare and have purchased Medicare Part B - requires no enrollment and you will have a smooth transition when you move. TRICARE for Life contact information: WPS TRICARE For Life, P.O. Box 7889, Madison, WI 53707-7889; 1-866-773-0404; TDD 1-866-773-0405.

  • Once you arrive at your new location, update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) immediately.
  • Find Medicare providers in your new area.
  • Visit Medicare's website.

If you move overseas, your TRICARE For Life coverage may change depending on where you move. In U.S. Territories such as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, TRICARE For Life coverage works the same as the stateside program. But, in all other overseas locations, TRICARE For Life Overseas works differently because Medicare does not provide coverage in most overseas locations. Therefore, TRICARE is the primary payer. You can get care from any host nation provider and may have to pay up front for care received. You will be responsible for TRICARE deductibles and cost shares.

Contact International SOS, or the TRICARE Area Office for the overseas area where you are moving, or the nearest American Embassy Health Unit for assistance finding a host nation provider.

Note*** Active Duty and Active Duty Family Members are not required to purchase Medicare Part B until the sponsor is ready to retire or during the special enrollment period. However, it is highly encouraged to purchase it once eligible to avoid loss of TRICARE coverage.

Getting Care Along the Way

Routine Medical and Dental Care-Get it before you go.

Before you move, make sure you have received any routine medical or dental care you think you might need during the time you will be traveling. Or, delay the care until you get to your new duty location. Check supply of all prescription medications and get refills/new prescriptions until you can make an appointment with your new Primary Care Manager (PCM) at your new duty site.

Emergency Care in the United States-Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.

TRICARE defines emergency care as medical services provided for a sudden or unexpected medical or psychiatric condition, or the sudden worsening of a chronic (ongoing) condition that is threatening to life, limb, or sight and needs immediate medical treatment, or which has painful symptoms that need immediate relief to stop suffering. If you are near a military treatment facility (MTF), you should go to the MTF or military dental treatment facility for emergency services. If you are seen in a civilian facility, contact your PCM or regional contractor within 24 hours.

Urgent care in the United States-Coordinate with your PCM and/or regional contractor.

TRICARE defines urgent care as medical care for a condition that will not result in disability or death if not treated immediately but should be treated within 24 hours to avoid further complications. If you are in a Prime program, you must coordinate urgent care with your primary care manager and/or regional contractor before receiving the care. If you are in TRICARE Standard and Extra or TRICARE For Life, you can receive care as you normally would. You should, however, contact your contractor as soon as possible to coordinate any prior authorizations that are needed.

Emergency or Urgent care Overseas follow these steps

AD and ADFM enrolled in TRICARE Prime and travelling outside the United States:

  • Contact the TRICARE Area Office, or go to their website for assistance finding Emergency or Urgent care.

AD and ADFM stationed overseas:

  • For Urgent care coordination, contact your MTF PCM, or
  • Contact the closest TRICARE Area Office, or
  • Contact the TRICARE Overseas Regional Call Center, or
  • Go to their website (

You do not need prior authorization for emergency or urgent care but the TRICARE Area Office or TRICARE Global Remote Call Center will help you find the best care available in the overseas area in which you are traveling.

Filling Prescriptions on the Road

You should have all your prescriptions filled before you leave, but if you need a prescription filled while you are traveling in the United States, you have several options:

  • If near an MTF, fill the prescription at the MTF pharmacy.
  • Find the closest TRICARE network pharmacy.
  • If a network pharmacy is not available, you can visit a non-network pharmacy. In this case, you may have to pay up front for your medications and file a claim with Express Scripts, Inc., for reimbursement. For more details, visit the TRICARE website.
  • The TRICARE home-delivery is not recommended for a prescription you need right away, but if you'll be away for a long time, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via the mail-order pharmacy.

Your pharmacy coverage is limited overseas:

  • TRICARE network pharmacies are only located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can have prescriptions filled at host-nation pharmacies, if necessary. Host-nation pharmacies are treated the same as non-network pharmacies. If you have prescriptions filled at a host-nation pharmacy, you should expect to pay for the total amount up front and file a claim with Wisconsin Physicians Service for partial reimbursement. To learn more about pharmacy claims, visit the TRICARE website.
  • To use the mail-order pharmacy overseas, the prescription must be from a U.S. licensed provider and you must have an APO or FPO address.

If You Have Questions

Your regional contractors and TRICARE Area Offices are available to answer your questions. These offices are listed above. Find even more information about moving, updating DEERS, the TRICARE regions and much more at the TRICARE website.

Installation Specific Information

Medical Care

Belgium has very high medical standards and the doctor/patient ratio is one of the highest in the world. Health care is excellent and Belgium is a world leader in certain specialty areas such as fertility treatment and heart-lung transplants. Families who need to use Belgian medical facilities usually find that the cost is much less than stateside. For example: the in vitro process costs about $5,000; a visit to an emergency room for a few stitches (with a doctor in attendance) is about $75.

Visitors from the U.S. should be aware that a travel health insurance policy is usually advisable. Senior citizens over 65 should be aware that the U.S. medicare program does not provide coverage overseas--even at a U.S. facility. U.S. citizens do not have the right to use military medical facilities even if they have private insurance.

Brussels Army Health Clinic 

The Brussels community has a U.S. military health clinic, Brussels Army Health Clinic that offers basic outpatient service including primary routine and acute care, physical exams, and immunizations. There is also a pharmacy, routine lab and x-ray services. There are two providers at the clinic. Currently one is a civilian family practice physician and the other is a military family nurse practitioner. Patient care required beyond the capability of the Health Clinic is referred to Landstuhl Army Hospital in Germany or locally, Gasthuisberg in Leuven.

For the Brussels Shape Health clinic, active duty Soldiers have first priority for medical services and family members are the second priority. They are entitled to medical services, contingent upon the availability of facilities and the capabilities of the medical staff. Retired service members, their family members and family members of deceased retirees are provided services when facilities and staffing permit. It is your responsibility to call the patient advisor for more information.

The hospital at SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe) was closed in the spring of 1993, so families who have chronic conditions that require services beyond the capabilities of the Brussels Army Health Clinic will need to use local doctors and facilities. Some services are still available at the SHAPE outpatient clinics. These services include additional lab services, eye exams, etc. OB patients are seen by local Belgian doctors.


For Exceptional Family Member questions, please contact Army Community Services (ACS). EFMP assists families who have special needs family members, both medical and educational. EFMP can assist with enrollment, information and referral services and support to those concerned.


Family members on prescription drugs should bring a 3-month supply with them to allow time for the pharmacy to stock the brand, if it is not currently carried.

Preventive Medicine 

Preventive Medicine is located at the Healthcare Facility at SHAPE. This unit provides a broad range of environmental health services, communicable disease surveillance and traveler's clinic. They serve as health consultants to all child care centers in the Benelux (there is no full time Child Development Center in Brussels). Individual and group counseling regarding health promotion is available.

The U.S. Embassy's "Medical Care in Brussels" booklet contains information about medical and dental care and includes a listing of local hospitals, physicians, dentists, and an emergency advisory section. The Brussels Army Health and Dental Clinic Patient Handbook is available at the clinic.

Dental Care

The US Army Dental Clinic Brussels primarily serves the Active Duty military community assigned to Brussels. Due to limited staffing care is provided according to priorities. The first priority goes to Active Duty Service members. The second priority is dependents of Active Duty. Third priority of care is Retirees and their family members. State Department and non-DoD employees and their family members are authorized treatment of true dental emergencies (severe pain, swelling, facial trauma, bleeding). There is a substantial charge for this service. Appointments for Other Than Active Duty (OTAD) are strictly on a Space Available Basis.

The Brussels Dental Clinic is staffed by one dentist and one hygienist. This limits care to routine procedures such as fillings, cleanings, and extractions. Specialty care such as root canals, crowns/bridges, dentures, or partials, is available on a space available basis and is not available for retirees. It is highly recommended family members remain enrolled in the TRICARE Family Member Dental Program. Patients may be referred to the Belgian economy or to Specialty clinics in Germany based on their dental needs. Exams and cleanings are scheduled once a year unless the dentist specifies otherwise.

Sick Call/ Exams 

Sick call hours are reserved for patients with true dental emergencies (severe pain, swelling, facial trauma, bleeding). It is not a substitute for the lack of space availability. Sick call and exam hours are 8-9 am, Monday through Friday. Active duty military members have priority for sick call and exams.

Dental Emergencies 

Those with true dental emergencies during after-duty hours should contact Leuven hospital for treatment. Family members must be enrolled in the TRICARE Family Member Dental Plan to receive reimbursement.

TRICARE Family Member Dental Plan

The TRICARE Family Member Dental Plan can be used overseas by family members. Military personnel who have family members such as college students who remain in the States may stay enrolled in the TRICARE plan. TRICARE Dental Plan benefits and information are available at the Brussels Dental Clinic or go to the website. A list of Belgian providers is available on the website.

Local Community Information

The "Gasthuisberg" hospital in Leuven, which is used by many American families, is in a Flemish commune. Most of the staff and administration speak English. Belgian health care is considered among the best in the world and therefore, American families should not be concerned about using local medical facilities. The hospital is fully equipped to handle most emergencies and routine medical conditions. The Belgian Military Hospital, handles the hospital care of military personnel. Scheduled appointments can also be made with the U.S. military hospital at Landstuhl, Germany.

Maps to Universitaire Ziekenhuizen, Gasthuisber (Leuven) are available at the Brussels Army Health Clinic. Families are urged to get the map and do a practice run to the hospital. In an emergency, it may be difficult to stay calm and try to read a map. You may then choose to call an ambulance. The police are also alerted to an emergency when you call an ambulance. If you cannot be understood, your address can be traced if you leave the phone off the hook.


Associated Links

DS Logon (formerly DEERS)
TRICARE beneficiaries can electronically link to their medical records, pay and human resource systems and other websites.

Find out everything you need to know about your medical benefits.

Army OneSource
Comprehensive information on all Army Community Services and QOL support.

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Beneficiary Counseling Assistance Coordinator
A BCAC educates beneficiaries, and enhances a thorough understanding of TRICARE programs.

TRICARE Mobile App for Pharmacy Assistance
Check prescriptions status; order home delivery; find a pharmacy and more all from your phone. You must be registered before downloading the mobile app.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline