printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Legal Assistance

Legal Assistance

The award-winning Legal Assistance Office provides services to include the following: 

  1. Notarization
  2. Preparation of wills and powers of attorney
  3. Advice and assistance on estate matter
  4. Consumer affair
  5. Landlord/tenant law
  6. Contracts
  7. Insurance Law
  8. Divorce and separation counseling
  9. Tax law
  10. Real estate law
  11. Credit and collection matters
  12. Paternity actions 
  13. Military administrative matters


Services are provided to Soldiers, family members, retirees and all others entitled to legal assistance pursuant to Army Regulation 27-3.

How to Arrange for Services/Limitations on Services

Attorneys see clients individually by appointment or any time in an emergency. Notary and Power of Attorney services are provided on a walk-in basis during office hours.

Legal Assistance Office operates a one-stop will program. This service is designed to provide clients with a completed will after seeing an attorney.

Divorce and separation counseling are held for soldiers and family members on separate days.

Legal Assistance Office at Tripler AMC provides only notary services and limited will services. Call the Legal Assistance Office at Schofield Barracks for more extensive legal assistance at 808-655-8607, DSN at 315-455-8607.

Household Goods Claims Service

The Schofield Barracks Claims Office provides forms and information on claims for loss of or damage to personal property incident to service. Incidents include shipment of personal property and privately owned vehicles; fire; flood; hurricane; or other unusual occurrence; or by theft or vandalism occurring on government installations; and deployments. If you need assistance with filing a claim, contact the 8th TSC Claims office at 808-655-9279, DSN 315-455-9279.

Associated Links

Community Legal Aid Services
Resources for community legal aid.

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Army Legal Services
Resources for all family and service member issues.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline