Family Housing Office
Novosel Street
Building 5700
Room 160
Fort Rucker, AL 36362

Phone 334-255-1205 / 334-255-1854
Phone (DSN) 312-558-1205
Fax 334-255-2317
Fax (DSN) 312-558-2317

Family Housing Office (Military Housing - Bldg 5700):
Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Family Housing Office (Corvias Military Living - Andrews Avenue):
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Email | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase


Government Housing


Fort Rucker family housing mission to include management, operations and maintenance, and referral services falls under Rucker-Picerne Partners, LLC. The military family housing at Fort Rucker has been privatized under the Army's Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) program authorized by the Military Housing Privatization Act enacted into law in 1996. This authorization is intended to influence the way military families live in the future by offering safe, affordable, convenient, attractive and quality residential communities for the 21st century. Please contact Corvias Military Living for on-post family housing.

By April 2013, Corvias Military Living will enter its eighth and final year of its Initial Development Period (IDP). The IDP began, April 1, 2006, when Corvias Military Living assumed operations and maintenance for all of Fort Rucker's family housing. Corvias Military Living is creating three newly designed neighborhoods at Fort Rucker, each containing comparable homes to those being constructed off post. Corvias Military Living has gone to great lengths to ensure neighborhoods are designed to create ideal home counts so each family receives personalized serviced from dedicated neighborhood and maintenance teams.

By winter 2013 Community  Centers will be centrally located in each neighborhood on Fort Rucker. These Community Centers are the heart and soul of each neighborhood and are available to Corvias Military Living residents at no additional cost. Community Centers feature over 7,200 square feet of family-centered spaces to include a swimming pool with beach-like entry, fitness center, multi-purpose room with an accessible catering kitchen, club room, computer lab and outdoor activity areas. The Community Centers also house your neighborhood management and maintenance teams.

The partnership between Corvias Military Living and the Army is for the long term and focuses on the sustainability of the homes. Construction is focused on safety, with low environmental impacts and reduced disruptions for families.

Upgrading and replacements will continue over the next 43 years. Residents are now feeling the effects of the Pprivatization process through improved services, maintenance and repair services, and community activities. If you are interested in living in on-post family housing or more detailed information, please call the Leasing and Relocation Center (LRC) at 334-503-3644. The Leasing Center is located in the Soldier Service Center, building 5700, room 160.

The number of units available at any given time varies due to new construction and renovation work.

There are no other government housing options, such as government-owned or leased housing in the community or mobile home parks operated by the government. All government housing is on the installation and privatized.

Benefits of on-post housing are 24-hour responsive maintenance technicians, family support services, professionally managed lawn care and pest control, recycling and refuse pick up, no commute, hospitality suites, children are eligible to attend DoDEA schools and much more.

Application and Eligibility

Service Members who desire to live in on-post housing should apply within 30 days of signing in at Fort Rucker. Applications received from Service Members within 30 days of signing in at Fort Rucker will be processed by Corvias Military Housing's Relocation Office staff. Upon verification of the Service Members Eligibility Date (ED) for on-post housing, the Service Member will be placed in a home. Online applications are available online. Call the Leasing and Relocation Center in order to plan your move. Documentation needed for family housing includes, but is not limited to the following: copy of orders, a current end-of-month LES and a copy of the DD 1172 (DEERS enrollment form) or DD93.The LRC is located in room 160 of building 5700.

Single Service Member Housing

Two and three bedroom homes are available for Service Members who are E-6 and above. Homes will be shared by two Service Members of the same rank and gender.

Availability -- Currently, there is no wait list for housing on Fort Rucker. However, service members are asked to make contact as quickly as possible to ensure a home is prepared in time for the family’s arrival.

Reporting Requirements

Upon arrival to Fort Rucker, the Service Member will report to the Housing Services Office (HSO). The Housing Services Office (HSO) and the Corvias Military Living Relocation Office are located in room 160 on the first floor of the Soldier Service Center, Bldg 5700. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.

Non-government Housing

Housing Referral

The Housing Services Office (HSO) provides personalized assistance. The HSO counsels customers on customary real estate practices for this area, rights and responsibilities of the landlords and tenants, standards of conduct and Equal Opportunity in Off Post Housing. Renters insurance is also advised for coverage against the loss of personal effects and household furnishings. We have requested local real estate companies include the military clause in their lease. Please review lease agreements and any other related documents before signing. If you have any questions or concerns while viewing the lease contact HSO or the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (OSJA) they will review your lease for you. The HSO serves as a third party, mediate disputes, and provide guidance for all incoming and departing personnel.

If you have any questions prior to your move, you may contact HSO at 334-255-3705, or visit them in RM 160 in the Soldier Service Center, Bldg 5700. The Housing Services Office's mission is to assist you with all of your housing needs. We are the Soldier's advocate! Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) is available on Fort Rucker for bona fide bachelors in the rank of Staff Sergeant and above. Rooms are available on a "first come, first served" basis. The Utilities Clearing House staff assists Soldiers and Family members with electricity, cable television and telephone service orders. You may apply for telephone and other telecommunications service by calling 800-532-2311 or by visiting the CenturyTel service center located in the Soldier Service Center. The Utilities Clearing House is located in the Soldier Service Center, Rm. 190. Operating hours are 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 – 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information call the Housing Referral Office.

Rental Options

The Wiregrass area has a healthy rental vacancy rate, leading to available and affordable housing. Security deposits are usually one month's rent. If pets are allowed, there is usually a substantial nonrefundable deposit fee, usually ranging from $100-300. Many apartments limit pet size to 25 pounds and are generally unfurnished. See chart below for average price of rentals in the Wiregrass area for Fort Rucker: 


# of Bedrooms

Type of Rental

Average Price


























Purchase Options

Fort Rucker is in the Wiregrass area. Local communities include, Daleville and Ozark in Dale County; Enterprise in Coffee County, and Dothan in Houston County. The average listing price for homes in Dale and Coffee County is between $150,000 to $188,000.

Single Service Member Housing

Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) is available on Fort Rucker for bona fide bachelors in the rank of Staff Sergeant and above. Rooms are available on a "first come, first served" basis.

p>If you are looking for a place to rent, investigate electric service for the particular area. There are three electric companies in Dale and Coffee county; their deposits may vary.


Should you desire to research information on apartments in the local area prior to your arrival, take a look at the website.

Mobile Homes

Mobile Homes are typically available, and may be furnished. Rent for mobile homes is generally less than for the average apartment. Utilities may be greater than in an apartment or home. Pay special attention to the surrounding area before signing a mobile home lease. There is no mobile home park on the installation.

Associated Links

Defense Travel Management Office /Per Diem
Per Diem official website with information on allowances, travel regulations and lodging websites.
Official Defense Personal Property System (DPS) Portal. Find out what type of information can be found and where to find it on by watching the video presentation, "What's on"

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Army Housing Online User Services
Army housing program's worldwide portal.

Army Installation Management Command
Link is helpful in order to gain information about local and Army-wide initiatives.

Homeowners Assistance Program
Describes the programs and benefits available to some military families impacted by BRAC and PCSing personnel with mortgage shortfalls.

Defense Personal Property System Portal (DPS)
DPS Password & Login Procedures video presentation shows how to get your DPS Password and Login to the system for the first time.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline