printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Health Care

Moving with TRICARE

When you move, TRICARE moves with you. It's there before, during and when you get to your next duty station. It's available worldwide. There are steps you need to take to make sure changes to your TRICARE coverage go smoothly. With your move, you may have to use a different TRICARE option.

Visit Moving to learn more.

Getting care along the way

Before you move, you should take care of any routine medical needs, including immunizations, and fill your prescriptions so you have enough while traveling. If you need to get care during your move, visit Getting Care When Traveling to learn what to do.

Filling prescriptions while traveling

You should get all prescriptions refilled before traveling. But if you run out of a prescription drug while traveling, visit Filling Prescriptions When Traveling.

Getting dental care while traveling

Getting dental care while traveling depends on your location and whether you are a service member or family member.

  • If you are an active-duty service member within the United States or in U.S. territories, and near a military installation, you may be able to get emergency dental care at the dental treatment facility, or DTF, if available. If not, contact the active duty dental care program before you see a dentist and tell the contractor about your move. You will need to get an authorization before you see a dentist. The Active Duty Dental Care Program will work with you, so you can get care from a local network dentist.
  • If you are an active-duty service member at an overseas location, you can call the overseas regional call center to get authorization before you see a civilian dentist.
  • If you are an active-duty family member within the United States, in U.S. territories or at an overseas location, you can find out if any nearby military dental treatment facility treats active-duty family members. If you're enrolled in the TRICARE dental program, call the TRICARE dental program contractor or visit their website to find a provider. You will need to get an authorization before you see the dentist.

Permanent change of station for active-duty service members

With permanent change of station orders, ask for a copy of your medical and dental records from your military treatment facility, or MTF, records section and the dental treatment facility, or DTF. Do this at least one month before your permanent change of station date. The MTF should also transfer a copy of your record and any family records to your new duty station or you may be able to hand carry them to your new duty station.

If you want someone else to be able to get medical or dental information on you or your family while you are moving, you need to complete a DD Form 2870, "Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information."

For more information on getting copies of medical records, visit Request Copies of Medical Records.

Installation Specific Information

Primary Care Clinic

The 460th Medical Group provides ambulatory medical and dental services to the 460th Space Wing and Buckley Air Force Base tenant units. They do not provide emergency ambulance service or have an Emergency Department.

The medical group provides the following patient care services: family practice, aero medical services, pediatric, limited gynecological services, immunization, general dentistry, physical therapy, optometry, mental health, substance abuse, family advocacy, laboratory and pharmacy. Those services not offered on base are provided through the TRICARE network.

The Primary Care Clinic is located off base at 13611 E. Colfax Avenue on the corner of Potomac Dr and Colfax Avenue.

Registration and Enrollment

All patients must be registered in the 460th Medical Group computer system prior to obtaining any services. This can be accomplished at the TRICARE Service Center, or when you check-in at the clinic.   If you have completed a TRICARE enrollment form with the 460th Medical Squadron, then your registration will be completed when your enrollment form is processed.  If you have questions concerning enrollment and or registration call the Beneficiary Counselor at 720-847-6137. 

The TRICARE contractor for Region 8 is TriWest Health Care Alliance, Inc. TriWest operates the TRICARE Service Center (TSC) located at 830 Potomac St., Suite 115, Aurora, Co. The TSC assists all persons eligible for military healthcare, including those now using Medicare, to get the health care that they need. Beneficiary Service Representatives and Health Care Finders staff the TSC. The staff explains the health care options available, enrolls members in TRICARE Prime, assists with the selection of a Primary Care Manager(PCM), and coordinates with Primary Care Managers to locate specialty care. The TSC will also provide a list of network providers participating in the TRICARE Extra network, and assist in finding physicians and specialists who will accept TRICARE standard and Medicare payments for services. Assistance with claims paperwork is also provided.


For active duty and enrolled family members, to schedule or cancel an appointment with the Primary Care Clinic at the Aurora Medical Pavilion, please call 720-847-WELL (9355).  Visit the TRICARE website to make a Wellness appointment at the Buckley Primary Care Clinic.  Please remember there are no same day appointments on this website. Appointment availability will range from next day to 28 days.  If you need a same day appointment, call the Primary Care Clinic.

Urgent Care

After duty hours, please contact the PCM on call at 720-847-WELL (9355) for medical advice. If advised to seek medical care, utilize the closest urgent care facility and have your military ID ready. If you are advised to receive medical care, you must contact your PCM the next duty day.


The Buckley AFB Pharmacy is located on Buckley AFB, on Telluride Ave., next to the Commissary, in building 7. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m but are closed for all federal holidays. Additionally, the fourth Wednesday of every month it is open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and is closed the rest of the day. Automated call-in refill service is available 24 hours, and is mandatory for all refills. The refill phone number is: 720-847-7455 (PILL). All refills called in by 8:00 p.m. will be available for pick-up after 2:00 p.m. on the third business day. Refills called in after 8:00 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be available for pick up after 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.

Dental Care

Military members receive dental care through the Dental Clinic located immediately off base, located at 601 South Salida Way, Suite B11, Aurora, CO.  Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.  Military members can schedule or cancel an appointment by calling 303-340-3330. The Dental Clinic does accept United Concordia dental insurance, so military dependents can receive dental care at this facility if desired.

Associated Links

DS Logon (formerly DEERS)
TRICARE beneficiaries can electronically link to their medical records, pay and human resource systems and other websites.

Find out everything you need to know about your medical benefits.

Beneficiary Counseling Assistance Coordinator
A BCAC educates beneficiaries, and enhances a thorough understanding of TRICARE programs.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline