Programs and services
As a gateway to the resources you need, the Military and Family Support Center provides information, support and services to help you balance the demands of military life. The Military and Family Support Center is one part of the overall Family Readiness System, which is the network of agencies, programs, services, partnerships and individuals that supports your personal and family life readiness, mobilization and deployment readiness, and mobility and economic readiness. It should be one of your first stops once you arrive at a new installation. The programs and services are a key resource for you and your family. They include:
- Deployment support assists you and your family during all phases of the deployment cycle, providing workshops and services to help meet the challenges of deployment, as well as information and referral to deployment-related resources. Services include education briefings for deploying members and families, support services, morale calls and service-specific programs.
- Relocation assistance provides an array services to meet your moving needs. Relocation services include, but are not limited to, relocation workshops that help you prepare for a move, information on installations and communities worldwide and, where offered, a loan closet for basic household items. Relocation assistance also includes assistance with in-transit emergencies. Military and Family Support Centers work with other installation agencies to keep relocation information current, timely and relevant to allow you to make informed decisions and ensure you experience a smooth and successful move.
- Personal financial management provides information, education and one-on-one financial counseling to assist you and your family in maintaining your financial readiness. Services are designed to address money management issues throughout your active-duty lifecycle and into retirement. Financial readiness educational opportunities range from basic planning to long-term investing.
- Employment assistance offers comprehensive information, tools and resources to support career exploration, training and licensing, and employment readiness. Military and Family Support Centers may offer career counseling, local labor market information, trend tracking, skills and interests identification, job bank referrals and resources for self-employment.
- Family life education provides information and education to assist you and your family in developing resilience skills that can help as you navigate your mobile military lives.
- Information and Referral can assist you in identifying and clarifying needs to determine appropriate forms of assistance and in locating services and programs available both on and off your installation.
- The Transition Assistance Program prepares separating, retiring and demobilizing service members (and their families) with the information, skills and knowledge necessary for a successful transition from military to civilian life. The first step in your transition process is to complete the congressionally mandated pre-separation counseling session, which furnishes detailed information on the various benefits and services available.
Military and Family Support Centers may provide other services, such as counseling and family advocacy. Services vary by location.
Installation Specific Information
For information about some of the services offered through the Buckley AFB Airman and Family Readiness Center website.
Provides access to 24/7 counseling, information and referral for service families, and if relocating, search for Culture Grams that can provide useful information about your new duty location.
AF Wounded Warrior Program
Provides benefits and services available to wounded warriors and families.
Department of Defense-sponsored website for kids impacted by the deployment of parents and caregivers.
USA4 Military Families
Seeks to engage and educate state policymakers, not-for-profit associations, concerned business interests, and other state leaders about the needs of military members and their families.