printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Check-in Procedures

Documents to Hand Carry

  • PCS orders
  • All personal identification documents; military ID cards, marriage and birth certificates, passports and Social Security cards
  • Medical/dental records, including immunization records for family and pets
  • Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
  • Family member employment records and letters-of-recommendations, transcripts and professional licenses
  • Last bank and credit union statements 
  • Proof of car insurance and registration. If you are returning from an overseas assignment, have proof that you were insured (from you overseas insurance company) during the time you were out of country. If you cannot prove insurance, you may be considered "uninsured" for that time period and be required to pay much higher premiums when obtaining new insurance policies 
  • School records
  • Inventory list of household goods shipment
  • Any bills of sale pertaining to vehicles, especially if you purchased the car overseas. You will need these to register your car
  • Your sponsorship package
  • Reservations for your off-base hotel upon arrival

Travel Planning

Temporary Lodging Reservations

Contact Base lodging at 720-847-5899 to make reservations or visit the DoD Lodging website for online reservations. Buckley is located approximately 15 miles from Denver International Airport, so space can fill up quickly. It is suggested you make your reservations as soon as possible.

The Rocky Mountain Lodge is located on 345 S. Beaver Creek St, Bldg 331, Buckley Air Force Base.  

If you are arriving with pets, please check with base lodging for a list of kennels in the local area.

PCS Single Airmen (E-4 and below) arriving after duty hours or on weekends are to contact their sponsor or 1st Shirt upon arrival.  If you need the phone number of your 1st Shirt or Chief, go to Bldg 28, Panther Hall.  The base phone roster of all 1st Shirts is located there on the main bulletin board. You may also elect to call the Buckley command post at 720-847-4600 to be connect to your unit 1st Shirt.

Personal Mail Planning

Temporary Mail Box

Contact the official Mail Center at 720-847-9710 to set up a temporary mail box. In order to set up a temporary mail box the official mail center will need a copy of your orders, a phone number, and a personal email address. The official mail center is located on Telluride St just north of the BX and Commissary.

Reporting Procedures

If you arrive during duty hours, check in at your Unit level to begin inprocessing. Report in uniform and anticipate doing your initial base inprocessing the same day or the following day, depending upon your arrival time. Members will be referred to the Finance Office for travel voucher completion. If you are eligible for house hunting, you will be given permissive TDY after you have done your initial inprocessing. Make sure that you are granted permissive TDY, otherwise, you will be charged with regular leave. If you arrive after duty hours, report to your unit and MPS the following duty day.

Civilian Employees

Report to the Civilian Personnel Office, Bldg 606, weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for inprocessing.

What to do if you get married enroute?

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. Please note: the military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Associated Links

USAF Home Page
Provides comprehensive resources and information on all Air Force issues.

Military ID Card/CAC -- Locator
Find all military ID card and CAC facilities worldwide.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline