Copeland Soldier Service Center
Corner of T.J. Mills Boulevard
Fort Hood, TX 76544
Phone (DSN) 312-737-3832
Fax (DSN) 312-737-7486
Air -- City of Killeen Aviation Services offers a variety of services for the airline traveler and the General Aviation community; to include three scheduled airlines and ample parking. American Eagle Airline, Atlantic Southeast Airlines Airlines, Continental Connection/Colgan Air, offers daily flights to Killeen. Flight times are available on the airport's website. To contact the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport, call 254-501-6100.
Bus -- The Greyhound station at 216 E AVE C is open Monday- Sunday from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Holidays 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. For ticket information, call 254-634-3843 or 1-800-231-2222 or visit the website.
Taxi -- There are many taxi/cab companies in the Killeen- Fort Hood area. Contact information is maintained at the Welcome Desk at the airport.
1. Upon arrival to Fort Hood, all Soldiers will sign in at the front desk of the Copeland Soldier Service Center (CSSC, Building 18010) located on the corner of TJ Mills Boulevard and Battalion Avenue. Soldiers will turn in one (1) copy of the order assigning the individual to Fort Hood, and the Medical and Dental Record. The individual will be signed in off leave. If reporting in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday between the hours of 0600 to 1700 or Thursday between the hours of 0600 to 1500 you must be in duty uniform (ACU, DCU, Class A or Class B).
If you have Permissive TDY (PTDY), check in at the CSSC Front Desk to have your DA Form 31 stamped by CSSC, drop off a copy of your paperwork and pass along contact information prior to reporting to Housing. Housing is located in the CSSC on the second floor (Room B209) and their operating hours are 0730-1530 Monday-Friday. They close daily for lunch from 1130-1230. The Housing Office phone number is (254) 287-4212.
2. ALL Soldiers will report to the Ft Hood CSSC, Bldg 18010 Front Desk. At this time, Soldiers will be provided an In-processing Schedule, with the exception of Soldiers assigned to the following commands listed below:
3. Soldiers will be placed in two groups upon in-processing. Juniors are considered CPL/SPC and below and Seniors are considered SGT and above. All personnel are required to be in duty uniform upon in-processing with the exception of the MEPS Soldiers.
4. The time frame for in-processing consists of ten (10) days. Along with in-processing the mandatory Finance, Medical, Dental, etc., Soldiers are required to attend mandatory classes such as the Sexual Assault Briefing and the Commanding General's Newcomers Brief. Based on number of personnel in-processing, Soldiers may ship to their respective units as soon as Day 9 or on the morning of Day 10.
5. In accordance with AR 600-8-1, all Soldiers will review the DD Form 93 (Emergency Notification Data) and the SGLI to provide updated information in accordance with the PCS to Fort Hood. Soldiers are required to digitally-sign these documents therefore, must have their CAC with PII certificates loaded. Soldiers will be provided a copy of all updated documents upon completion.
6. All Soldiers with a vehicle are required to obtain a Phantom Express pass during in-processing and prior to shipping to their gaining unit. Soldiers must have their vehicle registration, vehicle insurance card, and driver's license to obtain this pass. A physical check of passes will be conducted prior to release to the gaining unit.
7. For all other inquiries concerning in-processing, please contact the Front Desk located in the Copeland Soldier Service Center at commercial: (254) 287-3832 or DSN: 737-3832.
8. The Commanding General's Newcomers Brief is every Wednesday at 1500. Spouses are invited and encouraged to attend. A daily bus tour departs from Bldg 16011 at 0900 and returns at 1100. Spouses are encouraged to participate.
*NOTE: If you are a Mobilized Soldier (Army Reserve or National Guard) you will report to Bldg 4228 located on 78th Street and Warehouse Road. DO NOT report to the Copeland Soldier Service Center. For further information contact the SDNCO at commercial: (254) 289-4213.
ID Cards and DEERS
Copeland Soldiers Service Center DEERS/ID Cards Office: Supports 175 counties for Enrollment/Update of DEERS and issues CAC/ID Cards to all Family Members, DA Civilians, Retirees and Contractors. Online Appointments can be made at https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/. The sponsor must be present for all transactions or dependent must have a verified DD Form 1172-2 or a valid general or special power of attorney. Two forms of state or federal issued IDs are required for 18 years and older; one must be a valid photo ID. Neither can be expired. All documents must be original copy or certify copy with file number. All documents must be in English. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Closed on all Weekends and Federal Holidays. Office Number: 254-287-2518.
Call your relocation manager »
Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. »