printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase


Housing Overview

Upon Arrival

Fort Campbell's families are important to us. Those who choose to make Campbell Crossing the place to call home can expect to be supported by a professional team who is eager to serve our military families. Our goal is to make the transition into your home at Fort Campbell as stress free as possible. We strive to provide quality and timely services in a friendly and welcoming manner. Our Leasing Center staff is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and can be reached by calling (888) 481-6429.

Application Procedures

Soldiers with accompanying family members living with them may apply with Campbell Crossing LLC by visiting the main Leasing Center located at 2702 Michigan Avenue (Soldier Support Center) Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Campbell Crossing LLC does accept advance housing applications. Simply visit and click on Apply Now to complete and submit an application. Listed below are supporting documents required to complete an application:

  • PCS orders to Fort Campbell (current ERB/ORB if currently assigned to Fort Campbell)
  • Current DD form 1172 (verified by a DEERS ID Verification Officer within 90 days)
  • DA Form 31 (if within thirty 30 days of signing in to Fort Campbell)
  • Current end of month LES (to verify BAH at with dependent rate)

Listed below are additional documents that may be needed to complete the application process as well.

  • Dual military - provide the above for both Service Members
  • AKO email address
  • Restricted tour applicants - provide PCS orders for restricted tour and extension orders to receive credit
  • Divorce decree/court ordered primary/residential custody of children residing with sponsor
  • Pregnancy statement/profile
  • EFMP Summary Report specifying architectural/environmental recommendations
  • Spouse will need a DFAS power of attorney if sponsor is unavailable at move in
  • Prior to signing the Military Personnel Occupancy Agreement sponsor must be signed in to Fort Campbell

Waiting List for on Post Housing

Waiting lists are established for each designation of Housing by bedroom composition. The sponsor's grade and bedroom requirement will determine the waiting list on which the name is placed. The relative position on a waiting list will be determined by the following:

Category 1 - Key and Essential Personnel/ADA/WTU
Category 2 - PCS Inbound
Category 3 - Waterfall Applicants
Category 3 - Approved intra-post moves

PCS (with or without TDY en route), date departed last permanent duty station as indicated on DA form 31 provided you apply no later than 30 days after reporting. PCS from a dependent-restricted overseas location, date departed previous duty station for the dependent-restricted tour (maximum 14 month credit) provided you apply no later than 30 days after reporting. All others, date of application.

If you are unable to accept a housing offer for reasons beyond your control (for example, hospitalization, emergency leave, restrictive lease clause, unavoidable delay of Family's arrival), you may be placed in a hold/inactive status, when you are able to accept housing you will retain your relative position on the active waiting list.

If you request and are allowed to change from one waiting list to another due to a gain in rank or dependent status you will retain your relative position on the waiting list.

Campbell Crossing LLC On-Post
Campbell Crossing LLC is a 50-year partnership created between the Department of the Army and Lend Lease through the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI). Since December 2003, Campbell Crossing has developed more than 1,200 new homes and renovated more than 2,500 homes, and will continue to finance, develop, build, renovate and operate the site for 50 years. Campbell Crossing has also built four Community Centers, the first Zero Energy Multi-family home, and the first Boundless Playground® on a military installation.


Exceptional Family Member Housing


EFMP enrollment does not guarantee special consideration for priority housing, appointments or other benefits not routinely available to Families. By providing an updated EFMP Summery Report, CCLLC will be able to evaluate any architectural/environmental recommendations.

Non-government Housing

Fort Campbell Housing Services Office (HSO) Located at Soldier Support Center Building 2702 Michigan Avenue.

All Service Members, regardless of grade or marital status, are advised to report to the HSO prior to entering in an agreement to rent, lease or purchase off-post housing.

The HSO Staff understands how stressful moving can be for our Service Members and their Families. We want to make this transition as seamless as possible. We welcome Family Members who require our services, especially when their Military Sponsors are deployed or on temporary duty away from the Fort Campbell Community.

The Fort Campbell Housing Services Office (HSO) provides information and assistance in renting, leasing and purchasing off-post housing. Visit or call the HSO and allow our trained staff of professionals to assist you and your Family with your off-post housing needs. Presently, there are no mobile home parks on post and no government-owned or leased housing off post.

The Fort Campbell Housing Services Office provides the following Off-Post Services:

  • Off-Post Housing Referral Rental Assistance
  • Computerized rental listings
  • Maintain Sales Listings by Military Owners
  • Inspect Rentals for Adequacy
  • Mediate Tenant/Landlord Complaints
  • Transportation for Home Finding Assistance
  • Assignment and Termination Inspections Upon Request
  • Specialized Assistance to Service Members with Rental Challenges
  • Management of the Fort Campbell "Rental Partnership Program"

Permissive TDY (PTDY)

Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) STAMP NOT REQUIRED

Service Members on Permissive TDY for house hunting in conjunction with PCS leave are NO LONGER required to report to the HSO on the FIRST DAY of PTDY to receive a housing date stamp. Effective 29 March 2018 Department of the Army has rescinded the requirement for garrison housing services offices to date stamp Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) for House Hunting. The local Installation Defense Finance and Accounting Agency will ensure that Service members have procured the date stamp.

DO NOT SIGN INTO THE REPLACEMENT COMPANY! Your PTDY will end on the date specified on your DA Form 31, or the date you sign into Fort Campbell, whichever comes first. If the leave form does not have proper approval authority, Finance will charge you regular annual leave instead of PTDY.

NOTE: IAW AR 600-8-10, para 5-31a.: "Commanders of units normally commanded by officers in the rank of lieutenant colonel or higher, are authorized to approve when the period of absence is 10 days or less."

Residential Lease Agreement  

A residential lease agreement can be an oral agreement and recognized as a binding lease, however, it is advised you use a written lease to clearly document contractual rights and obligations of both parties. You and the rental agent/landlord should initial any additions or deletions made to the lease. Read and be sure you understand the lease before signing. If you have any problems understanding the lease agreement you may request assistance from the Staff Judge Advocate (SJA) or HSO review it.

Most rental agencies require you to pay a fee to complete an application/credit check to obtain a residential lease agreement. Credit checks are conducted to obtain payment histories with your previous landlords. If you are denied an opportunity to lease a residential rental unit due to unfavorable credit, do not continue to apply as the cost will add up fairly quickly. We have established long-term relations with many local area Property Managers, so please visit the HSO before you complete another application and pay another credit check fee. We are located in the Soldier Support Center, 2702 Michigan Avenue. You may also contact us via telephone at 270-798-3808.
Security Deposits

A security deposit may be required by a landlord before you move in and, usually, is the equivalent of a month's rent or less or none at all. This deposit may be used to cover damages above normal wear & tear or under certain circumstances may be used to cover unpaid rent when you move out. If you keep your rental in good shape so that
there are no charges for damages involved and no rent is due, you should ask for your security deposit back. Remember, security deposits are not advanced rental fees and are not to be used to pay your last month's rent.

It is unlawful for a landlord to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, handicap or familial status. If you feel you have been discriminated against, contact the HSO immediately.

Rentals in the Clarksville TN and Oak Grove and Hopkinsville KY are very affordable. (See table below)

Fort Campbell Off-Post Community Housing












One Bedrooms

$460 - $845




Two Bedrooms

$550 -$1,000




Three Bedrooms

$500 - $1,200









Three Bedrooms

 $800 - UP




Four+ Bedrooms

$900 - UP


$225 - Up


Cautionary Areas

Fort Campbell publishes an Off-limits establishment listing, click here to access the listing. In addition, a copy is contained in each in-processing packet issued by the HSO. Ensure that you are aware of the Off-limits areas before you commit to an area. Please remember that visiting an off-limits establishment may be punishable under the UCMJ.

Lastly, although an area may not be listed as off-limits, you should check with the HSO before visiting any area. There are areas located within the Fort Campbell Military Housing Area (MHA) that have questionable activities and you should exercise caution. Please visit the HSO for specific and detailed information.

Rental Partnership Program (RPP)

The program's goal is to defray the initial cost of renting through reduced or waived security deposits; discounted rent and application fees. The RPP assists Military Members in obtaining quality affordable off-post rentals. It is mandatory that Military Members establish a military allotment to be enrolled in the program.

Associated Links

Defense Travel Management Office /Per Diem
Per Diem official website with information on allowances, travel regulations and lodging websites.
Official Defense Personal Property System (DPS) Portal. Find out what type of information can be found and where to find it on by watching the video presentation, "What's on"

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Army Housing Online User Services
Army housing program's worldwide portal.

Army Installation Management Command
Link is helpful in order to gain information about local and Army-wide initiatives.

Homeowners Assistance Program
Describes the programs and benefits available to some military families impacted by BRAC and PCSing personnel with mortgage shortfalls.

Defense Personal Property System Portal (DPS)
DPS Password & Login Procedures video presentation shows how to get your DPS Password and Login to the system for the first time.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline