Transportation Division for Personal Property (Inbound)
2702 Michigan Ave (Soldier Support Center)
Fort Campbell, KY 42223

Phone 270-798-7151
Phone (DSN) 312-635-7151
Fax 270-798-7940
Fax (DSN) 312-635-7940

Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch from 11:30 to 12:00
Sat - closed
Sun - closed

Email | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Household Goods

Arranging Household Goods Shipments

As soon as you receive to your permanent change of station, you can start getting your house and family ready. Clean up and get rid of junk. Hold a yard sale or donate serviceable items you no longer need. Gather important family records. Remember, in overseas areas, houses are generally much smaller than those in the United States and the electric current may be different.

If you are moving overseas, begin to plan what items will go in unaccompanied baggage, in your household goods shipment and in long-term, Non-Temporary Storage, or NTS, storage—check with your sponsor or overseas housing office to assist in determining what items to ship.

Household Goods Shipping Process

The Defense Personal Property System is the online system you will use to request and manage your household goods shipment(s). For how-to guides to assist with your application, go to


Moving with your pet includes researching airline requirements and quarantine restriction laws in your new location. Many airlines have requirements for size, weight, breed, number of animals, kennel construction, documentation and seasonal limitations. Small pets may be shipped on military flights, but availability and regulations frequently change. Contact your local Personal Property Office to request specific country instructions. Military OneSource can make your move easier with helpful tips, resources and hands-on information related to moving with pets and more.

"It's Your Move"

Review the U.S. Transportation Command booklet, "It's Your Move," for detailed information on weight allowances, the household goods shipping process, storage, automobile shipments, claims processes and the customer satisfaction survey.

For assistance on moving entitlements, reach out to:
Navy personnel: or 855-HHG-MOVE (855-444-6683)
Marine Corps personnel: or 703-695-7765
Air Force personnel: or 210-652-3357


Installation Specific Information

The Ft Campbell Installation Transportation Personal Property Office, 270-798-7151, provides comprehensive personal property services, to include entitlement and shipment counseling and assistance. Ft. Campbell Personal Property Office assist in all personal property counseling functions. All Ft. Campbell shipment bookings and storage management (both short and long term) are handled by Ft. Belvoir, VA. Ft. Belvoir’s call centers number is 703-806-4900.

If you are an AIT Soldier, and need information on shipping your household goods to Fort Campbell, contact the nearest Military Installation Transportation Office for assistance on moving your household goods to Fort Campbell.

If there is no military installation close to your location, contact the Fort Campbell Personal Property Section at 270-798-7151 for assistance. It is very important you contact this office first before you proceed to do a DITY move (Do it yourself move).

If Fort Campbell is your first duty station, you will need to provide a copy of your 4/1 from your enlistment paperwork which notates your Home Of Record and a copy of your orders. First time and last time movers are required to attend a DOD mandated briefing. These briefings are scheduled on a first come, first service basis with your orders at the Personal Property Office. It is very important you contact the Personal Property Office first before you proceed to do a Personally Procured Move (PPM).

As soon as you have orders in hand, bring them to the Personal Property Office. Do NOT wait for clearing papers or leave approval. You will be advised at the Personal Property office as to what the next step will be. NO shipment will be booked without orders and signed DD1299 & DD1797! (Signed documents are NOT necessary for PPM moves requested.) Failure to provide Personal Property with your orders upon receipt and signed documents may result in delays in scheduling your pickup and/or PPM advance request. When choosing a date you would like your property picked up, be as flexible as possible. Although every effort will be made to obtain the dates you request, remember there are other factors that come into play. Such as: how much advanced notice we have as well as carrier availability especially during peak season which is usually between May-August. Your dates are not finalized until you have confirmed them with your Transportation Service Provider (TSP) directly.

When choosing a date you would like your property picked up, be as flexible as possible. Although every effort will be made to obtain the dates you request, remember there are other factors that come into play. Such as: how much advanced notice we have as well as carrier availability.

US Army Center for Personnel Claims

The US Army Center for Personnel Claims is located at Fort Knox, KY. You have to submit your claim online at within 75 days from delivery. If you have problems with this site, email the Center for Personnel Claims at or call 502-626-3000.

Passenger Travel/Port Call

The Ft. Campbell Passenger Travel section provides the following services: Overseas Port Call Travel, PCS Travel, and Provisional Pass travelers. Passenger Travel serves as agents of the Installation Transportation Officer (ITO) in the management of travel services, travel contracts, and Centrally Billed Accounts (CBA). Flights are scheduled based on report window, availability date, and date requested. Several OCONUS duty stations require the use of Air Mobility Command (AMC) Patriot Express (PE) for the OCONUS portion of travel. Please ensure that you visit the Passenger Travel section as soon as you receive your orders because sometimes flights are limited.

Associated Links
Official Defense Personal Property System (DPS) Portal. Find out what type of information can be found and where to find it on by watching the video presentation, "What's on"

Auto Logistics
Resource for service members moving or storing their personally owned vehicles for a permanent change of station.

US Customs
Find information on importing and exporting products and property.

United States Army Recruiting Command Soldier and Family Assistance Programs
Public web site for all Army recruiting command needs.

Defense Personal Property System Portal (DPS)
DPS Password & Login Procedures video presentation shows how to get your DPS Password and Login to the system for the first time.

Questions about household goods & POVs?

Household Goods Portal
Check out the Household Goods Portal »

Please complete the Customer Satisfaction Survey (pdf) after each delivery. Your feedback is important!

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline