Navy Housing Referral Office (HRO)
1710 Cavin Drive
Building 8100
Great Lakes, IL 60088-3402

Phone 847-688-3440 ext. 134
Phone (DSN) 792-3440 ext. 134
Fax 847-688-4957
Fax (DSN) 792-4957

Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun - closed
Holidays - closed

Email | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Government Housing

Military Housing


Estimated waiting times for assignment to Public Private Venture housing at Naval Station Great Lakes can be obtained by contacting the Forest City Relocation Office, Monday through Saturday at 847-689-4312.

Naval Station Great Lakes Midwest Military Communities

 Military Community Housing Locations 
Great Lakes 1,447 Includes Forrestal/Nimitz/Halsey/Mainside/Hospital Cove
RC Sheridan 209  
Glenview 112  
Crane, IN 24
Mid-South, TN 318


Upon receipt of Permanent Change of Station orders, applications for assignment to PPV housing may be submitted to the Great Lakes Navy Housing Service Center either in person or by Fax. The number of which to fax applications is 847-688-4957. Applications must be made on DD Form 1746 (Applications for Assignment to Housing), which can be obtained online, and submitted to the Navy Housing Office with a copy of permanent change of station (PCS) orders, Page 2 (Emergency Dependency Data Record) and Detachment Endorsement and Addendum A (Sex Offender Policy Acknowledgement & Disclosure Form), which can be obtained online.  For additional information and/or questions pertaining to PPV housing at Naval Station Great Lakes, please contact the Navy Housing Office at 847-688-3440, extension 134.

Geo Bachelor

Geographic Bachelor (GB):

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will be calculated for the Great Lakes area.
GBs are Service members, in receipt of BAH at the "with dependents" rate and have executed Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders that authorized movement of dependents, who for reasons other than the availability of housing, elect not to be accompanied by the dependents.  GBs are housed on a space available basis.  Applications from GBs to reside in UH facilities are not automatically approved.  The number of spaces authorized for use by GBs is limited.  All GB personnel desiring a berth in UH must submit an application to be reviewed by the Unaccompanied Housing Assignment Review Board.  Only those personnel who can demonstrate a hardship to the satisfaction of the UHARB will be recommended for approval.

Submission Procedures:

GBs requesting assignment to UH will submit requests, via their chain of command to the Admiral Boorda Hall (ABH) with the following information:

Request from Service member for Geographic Bachelor status
Command Endorsement
Copy of current PCS Orders
Copy of Record Emergency Data (NAVPERS 1070/602)
Fleet and Family Services Financial Planning Worksheet
Copy of Most Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
Other supporting documents as deemed necessary
Reference: NSGSINST 11103.4G

The ABH Manager will review the packet. If the packet is not complete or accurate, it will be returned to the applicant for correction.

A representative from the Applicants Command must attend the UHARB meeting to answer questions and provide additional information to UHARB requests. If a command representative does not attend the meeting the GB package will not be considered.

Space to house GBs is limited, please contact the Front Desk at 847-688-2170 ext 31 or DSN 792-2170 ext 31 for additional information if you intend to apply for GB status.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline