Navy Housing Referral Office (HRO)
1710 Cavin Drive
Building 8100
Great Lakes, IL 60088-3402

Phone 847-688-3440 ext. 134
Phone (DSN) 792-3440 ext. 134
Fax 847-688-4957
Fax (DSN) 792-4957

Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun - closed
Holidays - closed

Email | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Check-in Procedures

Inprocessing Proceduresf

The 24-hr arrival point at Naval Station Great Lakes is the Quarterdeck of the command you are reporting to. The gaining Command will assist in assigning a sponsor. The Fleet and Family Support Center, Relocation Assistance Program can provide general information about the base and the surrounding area. If arriving during duty hours, report to your unit's Commander's Support Staff/ Quarterdeck.

Reporting Procedures

The Navy Gateway Inn and Suites are located at Naval Station Great Lakes, Mainside, Building 30 (Admiral Mike Boorda Hall). Enter at the main gate onto Farragut Avenue. Turn left at the end of the stone bridge (Pettibone Creek) onto Rodgers Street; make a right on Bronson Avenue and go two blocks to Luce Blvd. Turn left onto Luce Blvd and Admiral Boorda Hall is on the left. Parking is located directly in front of the Navy Gateway Inn and Suites' central check-in location. The Front Desk is open 24 hours a day seven days a week.

Visitors Quarters (TDY). Visitors to Naval Station Great Lakes may obtain reservation information by accessing their website or by calling 1-877-NavyBed (1-877-628-9233). Guests coming here on orders will need a copy of their orders and ID card upon check-in. Use of government travel cards is the preferred method of payment. Major Credit Cards are accepted, excluding American Express, Discover, and Bank of America. Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible. Navy Gateway Inn & Suites check-in time is 3;00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m. After 12:00 a.m., reservations are canceled if no call is made to inform Front Desk personnel of a later arrival time.

Bachelor Personnel in the grade E4 and above: Bachelors in the pay grade E4 and above are authorized to draw BAH and live off base (with command approval). All rooms are equipped with WIFI capabilities.

Geographical Bachelor (GB): Berthed in double occupancy room with shared bathroom. Rooms have limited space and furnishings. Cable TV, DSL and telephone service is available but is the responsibility of each resident to set up a contract with the provider. A monthly utility fee is charged each GB resident. Space to house GBs is limited, please contact the Front Desk if intending on applying for GB status.

Note: There are no guarantees that you will be awarded GB status.

Travel Planning

The MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website has a convenient section to help with planning your next Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move. You can visit and/or call the Relocation Assistance Program nearest you or call the Fleet and Family Service Center, Relocation Assistance Program using our toll free line 1-888-231-0714 ext. 128.

Important Documents to Hand Carry for Inprocessing

  • At LEAST 10 copies of your orders
  • Birth Certificates (or certified copy)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of advance travel pay or allowances paperwork
  • All moving paperwork including: inventory, TMO information, Self-Procured Move paper work, and all receipts associated with moving
  • Employment records or resume of civilian family members
  • Medical/dental records from your previous duty station - entire family
  • Immunization records for all children and all active-duty members
  • School records/transcripts for children and adults
  • Pet medical and immunization records
  • RECOMMENDATION: Letters of credit from utilities companies (telephone, electric, etc; may result in waiver for deposits)

What to do if you Get Married Enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you MUST inform your chain of command to have your orders modified to include dependents. If you get married enroute, contact your gaining command upon arrival. The military WILL NOT PAY for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow the proper procedures.

Associated Links

Military ID Card/CAC -- Locator
Find all military ID card and CAC facilities worldwide.

Fleet and Family Support Center
Provides information on Navy family issues.

Navy Official Home Page
Generally applicable service wide information.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline