Region Legal Service Office Hawaii (RLSO) - Navy and Air Force
850 Willamette Street
Building 1746, Second Floor
JBPHH, HI 96860-5109
Phone 808-473-4717 / 808-722-7544 Cmd Duty
Phone (DSN) 315-473-4714
Fax (DSN) 315-473-0630
Navy Specific Information
The Region Legal Service Office (RLSO) enhances the readiness of active duty and reserve members of the Navy and Marine Corps, and their welfare, by providing quality legal services regarding personal civil legal matters to eligible persons; and by educating eligible persons regarding their personal legal rights and responsibilities. RLSO accomplishes its mission by direct client assistance services and a vigorous preventive law program that educates and informs the military community through a variety of creative and stimulating outreach efforts. Active Duty, Retired, and Reservists on Active Duty and their Family Members from all branches of the Armed Forces are eligible to utilize legal services. The attorneys and staff may provide assistance in the following areas:
Region Legal Service Office is located on Pearl Harbor in Building 1746 on Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Contact 808-473-1410 for additional information.
Household Goods Claims Services
Navy Specific Information
The Personnel Claims Unit Norfolk, Pearl Harbor Detachment, is responsible for processing claims filed for household goods claims.
Claims packages can be obtained on line by simply clicking on the claim icon at the lower right hand side of the homepage screen. The claims package contains detailed step by step instructions on completing your claim.
Air Force Specific Information
Woodring Law Center Divisions
This division oversees the investigation of and response to criminal conduct on and off base:
1. Researches legal issues
2. Monitors urinalysis drug testing
3. Trains and advises commanders and investigative agencies
4. Counsels command on disposition of offenses
5. Processes nonjudicial punishments
6. Prepares, prosecutes, records, and transcribes courts-martial
7. Performs collateral administrative and record-keeping functions
8. Processes administrative discharges
This division receives, investigates, and adjudicates claims filed against the Air Force and asserts claims on behalf of the Air Force under programs of compensation and recovery authorized by Congress. The Claims Division provides litigation support to the Department of Justice, primarily in defending lawsuits against the United States which have Air Force involvement.
This division provides advice on a wide variety of civil law issues, such as:
1. Provides advice and monitors standards of conduct program
2. Responds to and provides advice on civil law contingencies
3. Provides advice on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act issues
4. Issues legal opinions on general topics and investigations other than Security Forces and AFOSI
5. Reviews Reports of Survey and Line of Duty Determinations (LOD)
6. Single point of contact for the Joint Ethics Regulation (JER) and Alternative Dispute Resolution
7. Preventative law programs and contract law issues.
8. Provides assistance for active duty members and their dependents relating to military readiness. Develops and implements required legal actions relating to operational plans.
9. Receives, investigates, and adjudicates claims filed against the Air Force and asserts claims on behalf of the Air Force under programs of compensation and recovery authorized by Congress. Claims provide litigation support to the Department of Justice, primarily in defending lawsuits against the United States which have Air Force involvement.
Woodring Law Center Services/Hours of Operation
The law center is open Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Legal Assistance (to include will and powers of attorney) is only available to active duty members who are scheduled to deploy within 30 days. Call 808-449-1737 to schedule an appointment.
Please Note: Non-deployment related legal assistance for active duty and dependents is handled by the Region Legal Services Office. For more information about the Region Legal Services Office, call 808-473-4717.
Call your relocation manager »
Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. »