Naval Health Clinic Hawaii – Makalapa Clinic - Navy
480 Central Avenue
JBPHH, HI 96860-4908

Phone 808-473-1880 x2210 Quarterdeck / 808-473-0247 Central Appts
Phone (DSN) 315-473-0247
Fax 808-473-3638
Fax (DSN) 315-473-3638

Mon – Fri 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sat 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Sun and Holidays - Closed

Email | Website | Map

printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Health Care

Moving with TRICARE

When you move, TRICARE moves with you. It's there before, during and when you get to your next duty station. It's available worldwide. There are steps you need to take to make sure changes to your TRICARE coverage go smoothly. With your move, you may have to use a different TRICARE option.

Visit Moving to learn more.

Getting care along the way

Before you move, you should take care of any routine medical needs, including immunizations, and fill your prescriptions so you have enough while traveling. If you need to get care during your move, visit Getting Care When Traveling to learn what to do.

Filling prescriptions while traveling

You should get all prescriptions refilled before traveling. But if you run out of a prescription drug while traveling, visit Filling Prescriptions When Traveling.

Getting dental care while traveling

Getting dental care while traveling depends on your location and whether you are a service member or family member.

  • If you are an active-duty service member within the United States or in U.S. territories, and near a military installation, you may be able to get emergency dental care at the dental treatment facility, or DTF, if available. If not, contact the active duty dental care program before you see a dentist and tell the contractor about your move. You will need to get an authorization before you see a dentist. The Active Duty Dental Care Program will work with you, so you can get care from a local network dentist.
  • If you are an active-duty service member at an overseas location, you can call the overseas regional call center to get authorization before you see a civilian dentist.
  • If you are an active-duty family member within the United States, in U.S. territories or at an overseas location, you can find out if any nearby military dental treatment facility treats active-duty family members. If you're enrolled in the TRICARE dental program, call the TRICARE dental program contractor or visit their website to find a provider. You will need to get an authorization before you see the dentist.

Permanent change of station for active-duty service members

With permanent change of station orders, ask for a copy of your medical and dental records from your military treatment facility, or MTF, records section and the dental treatment facility, or DTF. Do this at least one month before your permanent change of station date. The MTF should also transfer a copy of your record and any family records to your new duty station or you may be able to hand carry them to your new duty station.

If you want someone else to be able to get medical or dental information on you or your family while you are moving, you need to complete a DD Form 2870, "Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information."

For more information on getting copies of medical records, visit Request Copies of Medical Records.

Installation Specific Information


Medical Care (Navy Specific)

Naval Health Clinic Hawaii - Makalapa Clinic is utilized for routine care for active duty and family members at Pearl Harbor. If you or your family member need specialized care, your primary care physician will refer you to Tripler Army Medical Center for further evaluation/services.

Tripler Army Medical Center is the largest military medical treatment facility in the Pacific. Tripler routinely provides outpatient and inpatient care to 46,400 active duty beneficiaries of all the military services; 65,600 family members of active duty personnel; 12,500 retirees; 20,600 family members of retirees and 120,000 beneficiaries of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Tripler's service region includes Hawaii, Johnston Atoll, Guam, Eniwetok, Kwajalein, various Pacific Island governments and American Samoa. More than 800,000 individuals are eligible for care.
Tripler is the only military treatment facility on Oahu that has an emergency room.

Dental Care (Navy Specific)

Services provided by Navy Dental Clinic is primarily for active duty. Family members may be seen on emergency bases; however, routine dental care will be in the local community. A list of dentists who accept the TRICARE dental plan in the local community can be obtained at MetLife Dental website or by calling Metlife at 1-855-638-8371. The Beneficiary Counseling Assistance Coordinator at the Makalapa Clinic at 808-473-1880 x9-2282.

Medical Care (Air Force Specific)

All active duty members are scheduled through their gaining unit orderly room to attend a mandatory medical briefing. The collection of medical records and TRICARE benefits will be covered at this briefing. Spouses are encouraged to attend as this will benefit them the most. This mandatory briefing is held on the Second and Fourth Tuesday of the month.

There is no emergency room at the 15th Medical Group. In case of an emergency, dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room which, from Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, would be Tripler Army Medical Center.

Dental Care (Air Force Specific)

The 15th Aeromedical-Dental Squadron (15 ADS) maintains the oral health of Air Force personnel and other uniformed members to ensure maximum wartime readiness and combat capability.

Family Advocacy

Family Advocacy is devoted to the prevention and treatment of family maltreatment. Under Joint Basing, Family Advocacy now falls under the Military and Family Support Center and not the 15th Medical Group. To get in contact with Family Advocacy, please call the Military and Family Support Center at 808-474-1999.

Human Performance & Rehabilitation Center (HPARC) formerly Health and Wellness Center (HAWC)

The HPARC provides diet and exercise counseling, tobacco cessation classes, cholesterol education class and a relaxation room to help reduce stress/tension. Also available are resource materials covering a wide range of topics, to include books and video tapes for checkout.

Associated Links

DS Logon (formerly DEERS)
TRICARE beneficiaries can electronically link to their medical records, pay and human resource systems and other websites.

Find out everything you need to know about your medical benefits.

Beneficiary Counseling Assistance Coordinator
A BCAC educates beneficiaries, and enhances a thorough understanding of TRICARE programs.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline