printerprint friendly view (pdf)    Bookmark and Share    text size decrease increase

Check-in Procedures

Important Documents to Hand Carry

Do not pack important papers with your household goods or hold baggage. Plan to take the following items with you:

  • Several copies of your orders
  • ID cards, social security cards, driver's license and passports
  • Copies of all insurance policies
  • Immunization records for all children and pets
  • School records for the children and high school/college transcripts for the adults
  • Copies of any occupational licenses and certifications
  • Spouse employment records
  • Certified copies of birth certificates, adoption papers, marriage licenses, divorce papers, etc.
  • Purchase agreements for your vehicles, showing state sales tax paid
  • Vehicle registration and title
  • Your household goods inventory and any related documentation
  • Letters of transfer from religious, professional, or social organizations
  • Letters of credit from current/previous utility companies
  • Contact information for credit card companies, utility companies, etc.
  • Copies of prescriptions for medication, eye glasses, or contact lenses
  • Copies of family medical records, it at all possible
  • Copies of federal income tax forms
  • Any other legal documents


Travel Planning

Temporary Lodging Reservations

The 24 hour arrival point is the Goldrush Inn, located at 540 North Street. As you come through Hursey gate, proceed down Flightline Avenue to Kodiak Street. Turn left and go through one intersection and you will see the Goldrush Inn on your right side. Make reservations early by calling 907-377-1844 or DSN 317-377-1844.
Be sure to make reservations far in advance of your projected arrival. Rooms are often full due to exercises during the summer months and you may be referred off base.

Reporting Procedures

Military personnel – As soon as you arrive, contact your sponsor and let them know you are here. Your sponsor can show you around the base and offer any assistance you may need. Your sponsor will inform you of unit reporting procedures. If you arrive after duty hours, report-in the next duty day.

Please note the process for In-Processing:

  1. The Newcomer’s Mandatory In-Processing will be conducted on Friday’s (excluding holidays and downs days) at 1000, at Military Personnel Flight (MPF) located on the third floor of Amber Hall, 354 Broadway Ave.
  2. New individuals MUST be scheduled for base In-Processing within 48 hours of arrival and they MUST attend within the 30 days of arrival.
  3. Base In-Processing is MANDATORY and all In-Processing members will be required to sign in (no signatures = no attendance).
  4. First Sergeants will be notified of no shows or late shows.
  5. Members will be in UOD or they will be turned away.
  6. MPF customer service must be notified for reschedules to base In-Processing by the Wednesday prior to their scheduled date.

Right Start /Newcomer’s Orientation is a Wing orientation for ALL active duty military, government civilians, and family members that is held the 2nd Wednesday of every month, and may be subject to change, depending upon the Wing calendar. Right Start is a MANDATORY briefing for military and DoD civilians. Family members are encouraged to attend. Right Start will provide essential information about winter survival, safety, legal, as well as on and off base activities and events.

Right Start is held at the Yukon Club from 0730-1230, with Medical In-Processing scheduled to follow from 1330-1430. The Information Fair is scheduled from 0930-0955 and serves a great opportunity for attendees to meet and learn more about the variety of base services and programs, as well as the local communities.

Spouses are warmly invited and encouraged to attend the Spouse Welcome, which is held at the Eielson USO every other month. Contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center 907-377-2178 to find current dates and enroll. Child may attend the Spouse Welcome.

Permissive TDY

If you plan on taking any allowable permissive TDY leave for house hunting you must ensure you have submitted proper leave request to your gaining commander after reporting in to your personnel office.

Inbound personnel may contact their gaining unit if they have not heard from a sponsor. If further assistance is needed, please contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center at 907-377-2178; DSN 317-377-2178.


The most important person to you during your move is your sponsor. If you have not received one, contact your Commander's Support Staff at your losing base and ask that they request one for you. If further assistance is needed, please contact the Eielson AFB Airman and Family Readiness Center at 907-377-2178; DSN 317-377-2178. Your sponsor will be instrumental in making your arrangements, answering your questions and meeting you personally.

What to do if you get married enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. If you get married en-route to your next duty station, you must inform the MPS immediately upon in-processing and complete the required actions. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Associated Links

USAF Home Page
Provides comprehensive resources and information on all Air Force issues.

Military ID Card/CAC -- Locator
Find all military ID card and CAC facilities worldwide.

Need personal assistance?

Call your relocation manager »

Or, for 24/7 assistance, call Military OneSource. », No question is too big or too small 800-342-9647

Military OneSource Newsletter Subscriptions button

Plan My Move, Take control of your PCS move

Do you have orders?

Request a Sponsor »

Additional Resources

  • Expand Housing TreeHousing
  • Expand Household Goods TreeHousehold Goods
  • Expand Local Community TreeLocal Community
  • Expand Financial Planning TreeFinancial Planning
  • Expand Employment TreeEmployment
  • Expand Child Care TreeChild Care
  • Expand Education TreeEducation
  • Expand MWR TreeMWR
  • Expand Special Circumstances TreeSpecial Circumstances

Military Crisis Line

Safe Helpline